Before we all get funnelled into the fast lane in the race toward the winter holidays, Sherwood Auto Repair and our friends at the Car Care Council (carcare.org) want to remind drivers not to forget about car care. October is Fall Car Care Month for good reason -- as temperatures begin to drop after our warm summer months, cars need to recover from the heat and be properly prepared for the cooler weather.
“The last thing any driver needs is a vehicle that breaks down in cold, harsh winter weather. Winter magnifies existing problems like hard starts, sluggish performance and rough idling. Whether you perform the check or maintenance yourself or go to the repair shop, it’s a small investment of time and money to ensure peace of mind, and help avoid the cost and hassle of a breakdown during severe weather.”
--Rich White, Car Care Council Executive Director
While you prepare for the pumpkin/candy/turkey/gift-giving season ahead, let us get your car ready. Here in Portland one of the first things we need to do to plan for fall is to be sure our windshield and wiper blades are ready for the rainy season.
In honor of October Car Care Month, we’re offering the following special:
Fall Windshield Special: $35
Preserve glass and extend the life of wiper blades! We’ll clean and apply Aquapel to the exterior of your windshield and install two new standard wiper blades*
*Additional charge for rear and specialized wiper blades. Special offer available thru November 2018
Fall Car Care Month Maintenance Checklist
The Car Care Council recommends checking each of the following:
Heating, Wipers & Lights
- Make sure your heat, defrost, and windshield wipers are functioning properly (wiper blades need to be replaced about every six months)
- Check all interior and exterior lights
Tires & Brakes
- Check tire tread, pressure, and the condition of your spare
- Get your brakes inspected
Gas, Oil & Filters
- In the colder months it’s a good idea to keep your gas tank at least half full. Doing so helps prevent freezing and keeps moisture from forming in gas lines.
- Stay on top of scheduled oil changes
- Have your fuel, air, and transmission filters checked
Battery, Cooling & Exhaust
- Have your battery and charging system checked
- Clean, flush and replace antifreeze in the cooling system
- Check the exhaust system for carbon monoxide leaks
Stock Up on Supplies
Be sure you have the following items in your car:
- Ice scraper
- Snow brush
- An emergency kit: include jumper cables, a blanket, bottled water, a flashlight, extra clothes, first aid/medical items, nonperishable food item
The Car Care Council provides information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For more information, visit www.carcare.og.
Call Sherwood Auto Repair today and schedule a Fall Windshield Special along with any regular maintenance your car might need. A comprehensive and complimentary inspection is included with every service so you can be sure your car continues to perform at its best.
SHERWOOD AUTO REPAIR - YOUR PREFERRED GARAGE