Keep Your Engine Running Strong — for years to Come
Regardless of your odometer reading, Sherwood Auto Repair can help keep your engine in tip-top shape. We perform all internal engine repairs from head gaskets and valve jobs to complete engine replacements.
Common Symptoms of Engine Problems
Your engine light on your dashboard is an early indicator of a potential engine problem. It is not there to help illuminate your steering wheel. It’s best to get a diagnostic test from Sherwood Auto Repair as soon as the light comes on, even if you don’t think you have any engine symptoms. Bring your vehicle to Sherwood Auto Repair on the double if you’re experiencing any of the following:
- Engine runs rough while idling
- Engine pings or knocks, and the sound gets worse on acceleration
- Engine makes clicking, rattling or hammering noises
- Vehicle uses a lot more gas than it used to
- Vehicle doesn’t accelerate normally
- Dark exhaust smoke or exhaust is “spitting”
- Uses excessive water or oil
What is that sound coming from my vehicle?
Weird sounds from the engine can be caused by a number of issues, from simple to complex. If you feel something’s not quite right with your engine, but you’re not sure how to explain it, give Sherwood Auto Repair a call. Our ASE certified technicians will ask you some questions and when you bring it in, give it a test drive to help us diagnose any issues.